Graduation is here. I remember when it seemed like I was constantly going to baby showers as all my high school friends started their families. Now in the blink of an eye I’m getting graduation announcements. Eighteen years….seriously?
I have two announcements to follow up on so I got to work finding a cute idea for a gift card holder. My gal Susan comes through again. It is as if she is reading my mind. Here is her post that I lovingly used for my inspiration (and instruction!)
Here is my translation. I used the school colors to start with and just built something simple with coordinating DSP and a graduation stamp that I had in my stash (non SU). One sheet of card stock makes two gift card holders. Yeah! Susan has the instructions on her blog but just for ease I’ve jotted them below:
- Start with 4 1/4 x 11 strip of card stock
- With the short edge at the top of your scoring tool score at 3″ all the way down
- With the long edge at the top of your scoring tool score at 3″ and 7″
- Cut off the thin strip from the short end up to the 7″ score line (keep for using later)
- Score and adhere gift card pocket along the edges
- Cut DSP as follows 2 @ 2 3/4 square and 1 @ 1 x 3 3/4
- Cut accent color for inside middle panel for your message (can be omitted) at 2 3/4 and 3 3/4.
- Add bellyband (size will vary depending on card stock used so just manually fold it around your gift card holder and cut to size)
- Decorate and send