I’m excited that this weekend I’m hosting a group of gals at a weekend crafting getaway. We have such a good time creating, laughing, watching chick flicks and staying up late. I’ve been hosting these little getaway events for several years now and I get more and more excited about them each time. They are not fancy, no agenda and honestly very little expectation. With one exception. While I don’t know that they actually expect it, I do know that they might be a little disappointed if there wasn’t a little welcome treat from me at their table space when they arrived. So of course I don’t want to let them down.
Since it is spring I had jelly beans on my brain as well as spring paper…and I was itching to use my new butterfly dies from the occasions catalog. (page 26). These intricate dies are stunning!
Since I had to create 20, I focused on something with a 6 x 6 piece paper. That way I could get four out of a sheet of 12 x 12 paper. The paper I ended up using is actually from the spring catalog a couple of years ago but of course any 6 x 6 piece will do.
Super easy….(Thanks to my idol Pootles for the idea)
Just adhere two opposite edges of a 6 x 6 sheet to make a tube. Pinch and adhere both ends of the cone to make a pillow like shape. (fill before you adhere completely :-)) I always reach for the score tape for a project like this but sticky strip would also work nicely. It just needs to be an adhesive that is really strong and long lasting. A snail adhesive won’t hold together with the pull of the paper and a wet adhesive would increase production time by quite a bit depending on how many you were making. The nice thing about this treat is that they stack really well for traveling! Of course they were filled with my original thinking…jelly beans!
So cute and sweet…and the butterfly just tops them off for a spring feel.
(Note on the butterfly die – I’ve seen a few you tube videos regarding the dryer sheet trick for getting all the little cut outs of the die to pull away from the butterfly easily. I tried it, it worked fine…but I also found that the wax paper trick does the job just as well)
Some of the products I used in this project: